What is a “confession of judgment?”
But can an agreement that simple be enforceable?
- state the dollar amount for which judgment may be entered;
- specifically authorize the entry of judgment;
- specifically state the county in which the confessor resides;
- if the judgment is for money due or to become due, concisely state the facts out of which the debt arose, and
- show that the sum confessed is justly due or will become due.
If your confession of judgment fails to satisfy these requirements, the courts will traditionally disregard it.