FOR A RECAP, READ THESE PRIOR POSTS:
- Mother of 3 Arrested for Taking Pictures of Tourist Attraction at Airport
- Town of Southampton Defaults in Genovese Lawsuit
- Some Comments on the Nancy Genovese Case
- New Southampton Town Attorney Hired
- Southampton Police Lieutenant Robert Iberger RETIRES
- The Other Side of the Story: Motion to Dismiss Filed (With Documents)
Many people have been asking for case updates, and quite frankly, nothing exciting has happened yet. The case is proceeding, and there are no major developments. Here’s some procedural updates:
The Southampton Town Attorney is no longer handling the case. The town hired the law firm of Devitt, Spellman and Barrett LLP, a very well-known and prominent commercial defense law firm, to represent the Town of Southampton and Robert Iberger.
All discovery has been ordered to be complete by March 16, 2012, All dispositive motions filed by March 30, 2012, and a pre-trial conference is scheduled for April 27, 2012. If discovery stays on track and there are no settlements, a trial should be scheduled for this summer.